Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spiritual Practice day 17

Today's meditation was focussed on a sense of openness. I find so often that I am pushing thoughts out of my mind. But today embracing a sense of openness I was able to clear my mind, without the agitation and harshness of pushing thoughts away. I also appreciated that a sense of openness is multifaceted. I was able to focus on a sense of openness in the abstract. I was able to think of openness in terms of my mind, and my heart. Even openness in my body was helpful as I focussed on deep breathing.

I feel like I am learning in the practice. Every day I have a different small insight. I notice that I have stopped focussing on the practice itself, what it means to sit down, take time out, and meditation, and more in the experience of meditation, the insights gained. Although there aren't many readers of this blog I'm deeply happy that I have used to to cultivate my spiritual practice in this way.

4 comments:

  1. Started taking a new blood pressure medicine so I didn't exercise this morning allowing my body to adjust. Did a half hour walking meditation to my Itunes "favorites" playlist. Had a lot on mind as I learned my friend, who is an art professor, mother was diagnosed with colon cancer. Also went to a critique session with my art. It was well received but presenting it brings on the anxiety. Just listened to the music and walked allowing my thought to flow freely and reach an equilibrium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday my two attempts to meditate were interrupted. I refused to accept the temptation to feel frustrated because I didn't want an angry response to a day just for a missed meditation. It did make me fiercely protective of that time today, and gave me the sense of how precious my meditation is to me now. I look forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still adjusting to the new medicine so I didn't exercise. Did a seated breathing meditation but fell asleep while doing so. Dreamt about whales. Hmmm....I wonder what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did my Chinese stretching exercises, then a 30 minute walking meditation, followed by conventional stretching exercises. Feel relaxed and at ease following, a nice feeling.

    ReplyDelete