Friday, February 5, 2010

Spiritual Practice day 5

Squeezing in meditation time between arriving home late, and waiting for Chinese food to be delivered. I have a new appreciation for this every day commitment that I have set up.

Tonight I find myself grateful for the power of breath and the focus it can bring. In such a short meditation time, I find returning to focus on my breath is an immediate bypass of many of the distracting and scattered thoughts that enter my meditation practice. I wax poetic but Breath keeps us alive physically and spiritually. It is a built in mechanism for centering. It is amazing.

I guess being at home tonight, warm and dry in the rain makes me especially grateful. I'm grateful for the power of breath and grateful for the power of publicly expressing a commitment, and a community that will lovingly hold me accountable.

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm grateful for three completely separate small gatherings with female friends. It was just by chance it happened that way and it filled my cup. I'm also grateful to read your blog every day in February to remind me of the importance of a meditation practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listened to the final lecture in the series "Religions of the Axial Age" from the Teaching Company. It covered HInduism, Buddhism, Confucianism and and Daoism. Very interesting to listen to and stimulated lofts of thought. Then did a walking meditation listening to the pouring rain outside and reflecting on what I had learned.

    ReplyDelete